WHO I AM
I am a creative strategist focused on developing communities through shared values. I build teams, partnerships, & processes to create work at the intersection of culture, content, & commerce for brands to extend into new spaces through meaningful, audience-centered experiences. I work in a hybrid role between strategy, media, & creative. On the side, I write about integrated marketing for symbolic goods & produce stories about exceptional artisans. I also founded a non-partisan non-profit promoting voter turnout, called This Is My Country, and serve on the board of The Broad Exchange, a professional organization advancing the interests of women in the creative fields.
WHAT I DO
- Brand Insights: competitive intelligence, brand positioning, brand attributes
- (Re)connect Brands with Community: customer profiling, brand tribe development, optimization of community growth opportunities
- Balance Brand Stewardship & Disruption: protect brand tone & competitive advantage while seeking new opportunities to pivot & build relevance
- Develop Integrated Campaign Direction: cross-channel strategy & creative direction for brand, launch, & sales campaigns
- Creative Direction: develop & direct integrated campaign productions
- Direct Community Engagement Activities: brand experiences, brand content & social campaigns for brand-owned & paid channels
- Develop & Manage Integrated Teams: community managers, copywriters, journalists, photographers, filmmakers, art directors, media planners, & content producers
ASHLEY, AS WRITTEN BY SARAH SHANFIELD
Ashley Davidson might be best known as the Director of Brand Publishing for Hudson Rouge, the full service agency of record for The Lincoln Motor Company, but her die-hard fans know her for her implicit mastery of pun craftsmanship and one-liner construction. Originally from Virginia, Ashley worked in urban design before heading to Italy to pursue her business degree. She celebrated graduation with black truffle pizza and a few bowls of pasta, then stayed in Milan to master the art of luxury marketing in the digital age. She has developed social media and digital strategies for everyone from Dolce & Gabbana to Ai Weiwei.
She returned to the United States with a knowledge of fine wines and the skill-set to bring today's luxury brands to social media mega-dom. A longtime lover of real-time publishing and public defender of engagement rates, she came to Hudson Rouge in 2012 before The Lincoln Motor Company had an Instagram account to its name and helped to build the platforms, the voice and the media strategy behind this classic brand. Under her direction, the Brand Publishing Lab was created and flourished to include creative, strategy, analytics, and media planning, creating award-winning work in what Ashley calls the "endless feedback loop of optimization."
As the Creative Director and head of Brand Publishing at Hudson Rouge, Ashley is credited with building the brand content and social community around the relaunched Lincoln Motor Company, leveraging the power of storytelling and social conversation to help put the brand back on the map for luxury automotive consumers. In the process, she created what JD Power deemed the most engaged social community of the luxury automotive category in just 18 months, taking Lincoln's audience from 0 to 1 million followers in the process. David Karp, founder of Tumblr, recognized The Lincoln Motor Company as one of the best represented brands on Tumblr. Ashley's work with the Lincoln Motor Company has also been awarded at the famed Effie, Clio and Webby Awards, and the Cannes Lions Festival.